Saturday, December 12, 2009

à la prochaine

Until next time, Aix.

My last blog for this trip-- and what a trip it's been!
This past week was full of work and a few tears, thinking about leaving Aix behind for a while.
The streets have been all lit up with blue and white christmas lights for a few weeks. I just try to take deep breaths of the chilled air and take it all in. I'll miss everything it seems, but my mom keeps telling me- it's not going anywhere, it'll still be there when you come back. All the same, its not as much as the place as the people and the feelings I've known these past few months.

Just a few last photos from good times this past week:
Me and chelsea being sad about parting for the break-

vincent & me-

some of my dearest french friends-


We had a big holiday/end of the semester celebration last sunday. There, I was given an award as an "ambassador" for the vanderbilt in france program. Basically means I get to talk to students at vandy interested in being in the france program about my experiences and such.

and a final photo of all of my house mates!

Wish I could write more to really sum it up, but I think you've gotten a taste of everything in the past 3 months of blogging. It will be good to be home, but gosh how I'll miss the Aix air.
-dani


No comments:

Post a Comment